WHO I AM....

PHOTO of me and Beatriz and Andreita!

I was born in 1945 in Brooklyn.  I attended Erasmus Hall HS and Brooklyn College, CUNY.  I attended Colorado School of Mines, Tufts, and the U of Oklahoma preparing for a career as an oilman.  I moved from Oklahoma to San Francisco to work for a major oil company.  I Did NOT like it..lots of Skulduggery\... so I quit and became a Middle School Science teacher and ecology writer for the State of California as well as for several NGOs like Microsoft, The Oceanic Society, Pt Reyes Institute and more.   As a teacher I won several awards and became a Fellow of the National Science Foundation and PBS Teacher of the Year.  I worked at NSF writing curriculum on Antarctica and working with researchers on the Tundra melt problem.

family photo

In San Francisco, in my spare time, I founded the Grammy nominated Pacific Mozart Ensemble with Richard Grant and Tom Mugglestone, and had a professional career as a tenor soloist for several organizations.  Acting in small theaters was also an avocation for which I actually was paid.  I have several commercials, TV pilots and a feature film in my credits.

Leaving 25 years as a teacher I became a US Park Ranger working at three parks east of San Francisco... Muir Home, Eugene O"Neill Home, and Rosie the Riveter Natl Historic Park.

In my 34 years in San Francisco I was able to visit Europe more than twenty times, especially France, but also several trips to England, Scotland, and Poland.  I spent a month traveling to WW1 and WW2 battle sites in France, Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium. I am fortunate to have many European friends still.

I have two adult children, Robert  and Lauren who still live in northern California, relatives in the NY metro and in Florida.

Since 2012 I have lived in marvelous, beautiful, friendly Medellin, Colombia where I married the lovely and brilliant Beatriz Elena and became like a dad with her daughter, the Princess Andrea. We have two cats.

Comments

Popular Posts