GREAT ADVICE - short stay--- what to do...


Hi! My friend and I will be in Medellin for a few days in November, and I would love to hear thoughts from all of you guys!
What are your favorite things to see and do in the city?
What areas of the city feel like you're lost in another culture as opposed to touristy? Where would you go salsa dancing?
Any hostel recommendations?
And where should we travel to around Medellin? Thanks!
  • You, Johnny Rios and 3 others like this.
  • Larry Rose INNTU hotel in Laureles, away from Gringolandia-- the famous El Poblado. Four star and inexpensive and I get no kickback.
    18 hrs · Like
  • Larry Rose Air B and B look up Lina Grisales. in Estadio, also away from El Poblado.
    18 hrs · Like
  • Larry Rose Museo de Antioquia, Milla de Oro, Carabobo street, Alpujarra.
    18 hrs · Like · 1
  • Andy Bowes No expert but just took my first exploratory trip there. If u want local stay in Laureles (I did). If u want more tourist oriented stay in Poblado. Both have tons of nightlife and they're not far apart. Poblado's pricier. U can spend a day just riding ...See More
    18 hrs · Like · 1
  • Andy Bowes Also, I used AirBnB and got a great penthouse room with private bath for $37/night.
    18 hrs · Like · 1
  • Patry Arroyo You can go to many towns here like: jardĆ­n, la pintada, Santa fe de Antioquia, San JerĆ³nimo.. Etc
    17 hrs · Like · 1

    • No expert but just took my first exploratory trip there. If u want local stay in Laureles (I did). If u want more tourist oriented stay in Poblado. Both have tons of nightlife and they're not far apart. Poblado's pricier. U can spend a day just riding the metro and cable cars to parks and centro (downtown). Parque Arvi at the north end was a nice half day trip. Anyone can tell u how to get there. Lots of salsa at mall bars or 33 and 70 in Laureles or in Poblado on and around 10.
      18 hrs · Like · 1
    • Andy Bowes Also, I used AirBnB and got a great penthouse room with private bath for $37/night.
      18 hrs · Like · 1
    • Patry Arroyo You can go to many towns here like: jardĆ­n, la pintada, Santa fe de Antioquia, San JerĆ³nimo.. Etc
      17 hrs · Like · 1
    • Larry Rose Check out my blog... pobladoboy.blogspot.com.... Medellin, an Expat's View, and Medellin Living.
      Larry Rose came to Medellin about three years ago. Since then he's found a creative, dynamic, upfront city...
      POBLADOBOY.BLOGSPOT.COM|BY LAWRENCE ROSE
    • Andy Bowes For what it's worth, it's unfortunate u only have a few days. I was there for 2 weeks and if I had my way I'd still b there. Great town. Great people. Hope to move there in the not too distant future.
      17 hrs · Like · 1
    • Ale Franco Hi Ali. I'm a Colombian student who loves salsa, and I can recommend you http://www.dancefree.com.co/ for free clases, and "EslabĆ³n Prendido" to go dancing.

      If you want to feel MedellĆ­n living with a local (me), I have hosted many happy guests, and you can see that on the reviews they left. These are the bedrooms I have available in my apartment, both suitable for two:

      • ww.airbnb.com/rooms/3999587

        If you want a $25 credit on Airbnb, sign in using the following link:
        www.airbnb.com/c/afranco30
        17 hrs · Edited · Like · 1
      • Mauricio Hurtado any help with tours i can provided here, ride fron airport to +573042890093
        16 hrs · Like
      • Natalia Osorio Go to las palmas view spot to see all medellin
        16 hrs · Like
      • Violet Bloom Hostel happy buddha
        14 hrs · Like · 1
      • Larry Rose Ride the metrocable and the Metro itself for some of the best views in Medellin. I tell friends to get off at every stop, take some fotos and then get back on the next train. The Metro is amazingly efficient and clean and safe... and the views as ...See More
        7 mins · Like · 1
      • Larry Rose Sabaneta is quaint and full of color... just south of Envigado which is just south of Medellin. You can take a bus or the metro. See my article about Cabs in my blog... best way to get around...especially cheap if there are three of you.
        7 mins · Like
      • Shane Talmage WHAT YOU LIKE TO DO AND YOUR STYLE WILL DETERMINE WHAT PART OF TOWN YOU WANT TO STAY IN.. i suggest seeing the unique things like "el peƱol" and just down the road from there is "guatape" and in the city, you can take the turibus to see most of the things in just a half day tour of the city.. jardin botanico and plaza botero are on the tour.. send me an email if you want..

Comments

Popular Posts