Gourmet American... Skippy Smoothe

 

Larry at Supermarket :  Oh, maybe Andrea would like some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch.


Beatriz:  Que es esto??


Larry:  Uhhh  mantequilla de mani. Butter of Peanut.


Beatriz:  Que?


Larry:   Mani smoosh, Delicioso con mermelade.


Beatriz (in Spanish):  A sandwich with butter and mani smoosh and mermelade?


Larry:  No butter.   


Beatriz:  No????


Larry: Delicioso con  bananas!


Beatriz :  (In English) O my God!  Bananas????!!!!  


Larry walks to shelf in imported section.  There is one shelf-foot devoted to Skippy Smoothe.


Larry:  This.


Beatriz sees brown stuff thru glass container.  Makes face.


Larry:  Come on, we’ll try it!  You’ll like it!  The kid will love it.  Martin will eat it. It's great!!!


When we got it home I got out the mora, blackberry, jelly and two slices of whole wheat bread and the Skippy and made a lovely sandwich.  I called to Andrea to come and try this.  I asked Beatriz to take a bite, to smell the deliciousness of the p-butter, yummy.  Martin made his own.


Except for Martin’s half eaten sandwich, I have had the entire jar of Peanut Butter to myself.

Comments

Popular Posts